Advertisement – 05 – 1212 – Deputy Program Support Manager
Plan International is a leading children's development organisation; our vision is of a world in which all children realise their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan works in 50 countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas following a Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach in which children, families and communities are active and leading participants in their own development.
Plan International in Liberia (Plan Liberia) guided by its Country Strategic Plan (2011-2015) delivers programs in Early Childhood Care and Development, Education, Health, Water & Sanitation and Children's participation in decision making in partnership with the communites, Government and civil society. We are engaged in intensive long term interventions in 5 counties (Lofa, Bomi, Nimba, Grand Cape Mount and Gbarpolu) and reach out to all 15 counties with specific programs in Health and Child Protection.
Plan Liberia is committed to ensure Child Protection in all its interventions and processes. It also encourages women to apply and is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking to recruit for the following position:
Title: Deputy Program Support Manager (DPSM)
Location: Country Office, Monrovia
Reports to: Program Support Manager (PSM)
Dimensions of the Role:
This position will support the delivery of Plan Liberia's mission and priorities by managing grant supported (international and local grants) programs from Country Office along with other programmatic and operational responsibilities determined by the corporate priorities of Plan Liberia and the Program Support Team. This position is part of the core program support team and provides overall facilitation to grants implementation under the guidance of Program Support Manager. The Deputy PSM-Grants is a senior position and s/he will be a member of the Country Management Team.
Key Responsibilities of role:
· Support PSM in grants (foreign funds) Implementation and Management
· Scan external environment for proposals and organizations, which are aligned to Plan Liberia's goals and objectives as provided in Country Strategic Plan III (2011-2015)
· Anchor Start Up of select new grants till dedicated grants teams are established
· Support establishment of grants teams for new large grants and facilitate orientation and capacity building processes for these teams
· Manage specific Grants, as allocated by PSM
· Support Grants Implementation team in the development of grants processes
· Line Manage Grants Coordinators/ other staff as assigned and guide them in effective grants implementation.
· Support development of cross learning processes between different grants and between grants and sponsorship programs
· Facilitate Documentation, Analysis, and Reporting of specific grants
· Support the development and strengthening of grants MIS
· Facilitate donor or stakeholder visits to programs as assigned by the PSM
Qualification, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role's Objectives:
· A Master's degree in Social Sciences, Public Policy, Rural/Urban Development, Management.
· Minimum eight years of experience of which at least three years in managing grant based projects desirable.
· Demonstrated understanding of Project Management, MIS systems and Result Based Management concepts.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver quality outputs; Strong ability to communicate and develop
· Effective working relationships with partners
· Capable of multi-tasking, decision-making in a challenging set-up, analytical, documentation skills and a team player
· Experience may be of general or sectoral nature but will have a broad understanding of development issues
· An ability to understand quantitative and qualitative analysis and policy level issues
· Should be fluent in English
· Planning and Delivery of Work Judgment and decision making Organizational awareness, particular emphasis on results
· Understanding issues relating to children in general and disadvantaged children in particular.
Skills and Experience
· Strong team building and motivational skills
· People development skills- coaching, mentoring etc
· Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
· Planning, organizing and persuading skills
· Sound judgment skills
· Excellent writing, editing and reviewing skills
· Strong competencies to plan, prioritize, and execute with strategic approach
· Strong skills and know-how in project management
· Provides strategic leadership in the Country for the program unit.
· Promotes innovation and learning
· Communicates effectively and enthusiastically
· Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision-making
Last date for submission of Application: 15th December 2012 at 4:30pm
Email ID for Sending Applications:
Hard copies will not be entertained. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted. References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.